StarChat Server Link Application
StarChat accepts applications for server linkage. Please fill out the following application if you are interested in linking to the StarChat network. Incomplete applications cannot be considered so please take the time to ensure your application is complete.
StarChat Routing Team will contact you by the E-mail address listed on your application to notify you of the status of your application. The Routing Team meets weekly and communicates through E-mail to discuss applications.
Minimum Server Criteria
- Due to stability issues, ISDN, ADSL or residential cable connections are not eligible for linkage.
- We prefer servers be co-located versus commercial shell accounts.
- Servers must be a UNIX/linux Operating System.
- Servers must be available for long term linkage.
- North American servers must be at least a T1 (1.54mbps) and multi-homed.
- Because of issues with stability and denial of service attacks, servers must be dedicated to StarChat. No other IRCDs or eggdrops are to be connected to other networks on the server.
- Applicants must agree to a security audit of their machine.